Each year the MIST Nationals committee strives to present topics that reflect the issues we see around us. This year's topics are:
1. Campaigns that support candidates for public office ought to be financed exclusively by public funds.
2. Private ownership of handguns ought to be banned.
3. In the Criminal Justice system, punishment is more effective than rehabilitation.
4. The acceptance of refugees/immigrants ought to be an unrestricted human right.
5. The use of social media has been harmful to racial dialogue.