School Ambassador (Registrar) signs up and opens registration for the school by creating the team.
- Ambassador creates a MIST account at https://web.adderpit.com/MIST/Public/Registration. The Ambassador must contact the MIST Registration Team to get their school code.
- Click on the Create a Team task and fill in your school name.
- Once the Ambassador has created the team, the competitor and coach will notice that Team Created under their task chart has become a green check.
- Invite team members to the team. This can be done by clicking on the task Invite Team Members. Once you click on it, you will be given the option to enter the names and email addresses of your team members into a field one at a time. Once the Ambassador invites team members, all invited individuals will be sent an automatic invitation email. They will then be able to create a MIST username. Students can also sign up with their school without receiving an invite.
- Ambassador needs to invite the coach to join the team. This can be done by clicking on the task Invite Coach in the task menu.
The coach, ambassador, and competitors need to join the team.
- When team members receive the invite, they will need to create an Adderpit account if they have not already done so in order to join the team.
- After creating Adderpit account and confirming it, click the task Join a Team under the task chart. Ambassadors need to approve or deny each individual who joins the team.
- Click on the “Teams” tab on the top of the page. Here you will be able to view any pending applications. Once the green check appears next to this task on the task chart this step has been completed.
All competitors need to register for competitions.
- Register for competitions by clicking on the task Register for Competitions under the task chart.
- Pick the competitions you will be competing in by choosing it from the appropriate drop down menu. Remember that only two individuals per team can compete in any given competition other than group projects and MIST Bowl. After two individuals have signed up for a competition from your team, the system will not allow you to register for that competition.
- You may make changes to the competitions you are signed up for up until the team registration is sent to the coach for approval by the Registrar).
Register any guests.
Does not need to be completed if you do not plan on bringing any guests to the tournament.
- If you do choose to bring a guest to the entire tournament, then click on Register Guests under the task chart.
- Enter in the first and last names for all your guests. Please note that you must pay the registration fee for your guests when you pay your own registration fee. Guests cannot create a username and pay for themselves.
Pay team’s registration fees.
All competitors must pay their own registration fees and any guests they may have unless other arrangements or payment options have been made.
- Ambassador must set a date for all competitors to have paid their registration fees by. Remember, if you are bringing any guests, you must pay for their fee at the same time you pay for yours.
- To pay fees, click on Pay Registration Fees under the task chart. You can pay online by check or credit card. You do not need a Paypal account yourself to register however if you have an existing account you can choose to pay through it.
- Please note that until all competitors have paid for their fees, the registration process can go no further. By not paying your fee, you can prevent your team’s registration from being approved and therefore causing it to be late. Again, students should check with their teams or with the MIST team to see if other payment options or arrangements are available.
Review the team’s registration.
To be completed by the school ambassador only.
- The ambassador need to review all the competitions that each team member is signed up for. This can be done by clicking on Coordinate Registration in the task chart.
- The ambassador need to ensure that everyone is correctly signed up. The Registrar has the ability to make any changes to the competitions that team members are signed up for.
Registrar requests the coach’s approval for the team registration.
To be completed by the school ambassador only.
- After confirming team’s competitions, submit the team’s registration for the coach’s approval.
- Click on Request Coach Approval in the task chart.
- Once you submit the request for approval, registration will be frozen. No changes can be made to any of the competitions. (If the Registrar is a student and not the coach, it is suggested that you let the coach know you have requested their approval)
Coach needs to approve or deny the team registration.
To be completed by the coach only.
- To approve or deny the team registration click on Approve Team Registration. By approving the team registration, the registration process will effectively and permanently end for the team and no changes can be made.
- By denying the team registration, the registration will reopen for the team and bounce back to the Ambassador who can then make any necessary changes. Once that is complete the Ambassador should resubmit the team registration for the coach’s approval.
Registration is complete!
- After the coach approves the team registration the process is finally complete. Under the task chart Team Registration Approved should have a green check next to it.